Climbing Fremont Peak via Indian Basin
Skip map to see list of images
Follow the trail with the mouse.
Hold mouse over the map where the cursor changes to hand to see the description.
Click to view the image.
1. Reflection of Mt. Lester in the lake west of Elephant Head.
2. Creek that flows out of Indian Basin.
3. Crossing the creek.
4. View from the lowest Indian Basin lake west, towards Elingwood Pk. and Knife Point Mtn.
5. Walking up above the lowest Indian Basin lake, towards the official trail.
6. View towards Jackson Peak from where we reached the Indian Basin trail.
7. Panorama of Jackson and Fremont Peaks from the middle Indian Basin lake.
8. View at Elingwood Pk. from above the upper Indian Basin lake.
9. View at Fremont Pk. from above the upper Indian Basin lake.
10. View from middle of the climb to pass southwest of Fremont Pk. southeast, towards Indian Basin.
11. View towards the pass from the same spot.
12. View towards Jackson Pk. from the same spot.
13. View west from the pass under Fremont Pk..
14. View down from Fremont's SW slope.
15. View from upper Fremont slope SW, Titcomb Basin below.
16. View up the slope from the same spot.
17. Panorama east onto Fremont Glacier from the summit during the approaching storm.
18. Panorama south and west from about half of the Fremont slope.
19. Zoomed panorama south from above the saddle.
20. View up to the Fremont's summit in the clouds from the saddle.
21. More clouds on Fremont from about where Indian Basin starts.
22. Series of shots of a marmot, which we observed in the area between upper and middle Indian Basin lakes.
23. Elingwood Pk. and Elephant Head from above the central Indian Basin lake.
24. View west, towards Island Lake, from where the Indian Basin trail starts descending to the lake.
25. Panorama of peaks surrounding Indian Basin from the same spot.
26. View west towards Island Lake with the trail that is winding towards it.
27. Elephant Head from the same spot.
28. View north towards Titcomb Basin.
29. Another view towards Titcomb Basin from a bit below.
30. View south from the hills east of Island Lake.
31. View south from the eastern Island Lake shore, Mt. Lester in the back.
Spectacular view at Island Lake right after the sunset.