Cheatham lab group members (updated 2014)All group members are in the Department of Medicinal Chemistry unless otherwise noted.
- Thomas E. Cheatham, III
Director (2014- ), Research Computing and CHPC, University Information Technology
Professor of Medicinal Chemistry (2014- ), Director of Graduate Studies (2011- ), Associate Professor (2009-2014), Assistant Professor (2002-2009), Research Assistant Professor. (2000-2002)
University of Utah
- Daniel Roe (2012-)
Lab Specialist / Research Associate / Staff
- Rodrigo Galindo (2012-)
- Christina Bergonzo (2012-)
- Sean Cornillie
- James Robertson
(2012-, 2014- in Cheatham lab)
Graduate Student, formerly with Ric Baron
- S. Hamed Sadat
Lab Photo ~May 2013 post Niel's defense in the new space in the LS Skaggs Pharmacy Research Institute.
Alumni and guests...
- Kiumars Shahrokh (PhD
2006-, PD 2011-2015)
Former Postdoctoral Fellow / Research Associate in Pharmacology/Toxicology with Professor Gary Yost
- Julien Thibault
PhD in Biomedical Informatics with Professor Julio Facelli. Now at Nuance, Inc. in Boston.
- Mahdi Sofla (Summer/Fall 2013)
Undergraduate Student, volunteer
- Alex Herrmann (Summer 2013)
Juan Diego High School Summer Program
- Niel Henriksen (2008-2013), BC Graduate Student, AFPE Pre-doctoral fellowship in Pharmaceutical Sciences 2012-2013, PhD in Medicinal Chemistry (2013). Niel has moved to become a postdoc in the Gilson lab at UCSD effective 7/13.
- Jianyin Shao: Postdoctoral Fellow (2005-2011), B.S. Chemistry BYU, <email@example.com>.
- Xiaohui "Sophie" Cang (2005-2010): PhD in Medicinal Chemistry (2010), now in an academic career at the Institute of Genetics, College of Life Science, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310058, China. <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
- Scott Pendley (2004-2010): PhD in Pharmaceutics (2010), now working for the feds somewhere? <email@example.com>.
- In Suk Joung: PhD in Bioengineering (2009), then a post-doc with David Case at Rutgers, and now a Research Fellow in the Center for In Silico Protein Science in the School of Computational Sciences at the Korea Institute for Advanced Study, <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
- Pawel Gruszczynski: Visiting Graduate Student in Chemistry at University of Gdansk, Poland (2008), PhD 2010, <email@example.com>.
- Shelly Roalstad: M.S. Pharmaceutics (2007), now a Drug Development Coordinator at Myriad Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in SLC.
- Elijah Gregory: B.S. Chemistry (2006).
- Ty Curtis: B.S./M.S. Bioengineering (2005), now at Medical School in St. Louis. (actually, he should be graduated by now?)
- Steve Sontum: Professor of Chemistry & Biochemistry, Middlebury College (and my undergraduate honors thesis advisor in Chemistry!), Sabbatical Visitor 2004-2005. <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
- Joe Jackson: B.S. Bioengineering (2004), now working at Communication Certification Laboratory, Inc. in SLC.
- Nephi Thompson: M. Phil. Medicinal Chemistry (2003), now an Assistant Professor of Physics at Wright State University, <email@example.com>.
- Stephen Tanner: B.S. Biology (2003), Volunteer Extrordinaire, PhD Bioinformatics UCSD (2007), now at Bioinformatics Scientist at Illumina, Inc.