Skip map to see list of images
Follow the trail with the mouse.
Hold mouse over the map where the cursor changes to hand to see the description.
Click to view the image.
1. My car at the trailhead, Henry Mtns. in the backgound.
2. On the trail near the trailhead, note the bushes in bloom.
3. Going down the first slickrock bench
4. Another slickrock bench near the main descent
5. Panorama from the slickrock bench with first views of Dark Canyon
6. Another bench descent and closer look to Dark Canyon
7. Dark Canyon panorama from the canyon rim
8. Closer canyon panorama from beginning of the descent
9. On the upper part of the descent, view down
10. On the upper part of the descent, looking up
11. Another shot from the Sundance trail, in the lower part
12. View up the side canyon into which Sundance Trail descends
13. View down the side canyon
14. Area where Sundance trail hits bottom of Dark Canyon, Lean-to Canyon is behind the turn on the left
15. Cactus in bloom near the canyon bottom
16. Lost Canyon confluence, marked by a little cottonwood forest, from the Lost Canyon
17. Our campspot across the creek from Lost Canyon
18. View up Dark Canyon from our campspot
19. View up Lost Canyon from our campspot
20. Walking on the sandstone bench in the lower Lost Canyon
21. The first limestone step
22. Another sanstone bench a bit higher
23. Climbing up another step
24. Bypassing the first pool
25. View downcanyon from above the second pool
26. Bypassing another pool
27. View downcanyon from under the tricky dryfall
28. Tricky dryfall where we turned around